Thursday, May 24, 2018

Kickstarter- Another Tie to My High School Theatre Days

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tommycannonaz/fred-the-mustard-packet-does-the-scottish-play-in?ref=user_menu

Mr. Akers, the Theatre teacher at my alma mater made a wise decision.

We were rehearsing a play called The Man Who Came to Dinner. It's a pretty decent comedy to come out of the 30s-40s. I was cast to play a role that you would think would be easy for me. I was cast to play a teenage boy. It was crazy difficult. I could not for the life of me get my mind, body, and spirit to truthfully portray a typical teenage boy onstage, and I was a teenage boy. On the other hand, a very sweet girl had trouble portraying the role of an elderly lady who was an axe murderer.

Akers had a stroke of genius. We swapped roles. The teenage boy became a teenage girl and the young actress thrived. And, I got the chance of a lifetime. In my first play ever, I portrayed a cross dressing axe murderer. RAD!

The character's name was Harriet.

One of the main characters in this graphic novel is named Harriet.

Coincidence??????

Harriet the Honey Packet is very different from Harriet Sedley though. Harriet the Honey Packet is based off of my wonderful wife. She's sweet, like honey.

Harriet Sedley was a murdering, flirty basket-case. I loved playing that role.

Excellent move, Mr. Akers! Thank you!

To support the Kickstarter campaign, click the link just below the image at the top of this post.

Thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment