Monday, June 19, 2017

New Inking Style on the Fred Comics, ToMoCoBo, and TG Geeks!


So, I know that I have made some vector work before. And, I did do a vector/ raster hybrid in the Fred gag cartoon where he's doing stand up. So, I guess it isn't knew. Anyhoo, I've taken to penciling the Fred pages with actual pencil and paper, scanning it into the computer, inking & lettering in vector, and coloring in raster. The ultimate goal of doing this is to bring Fred the line work that I love and doing that with digital tools since it is indeed a webcomic. I see room for improvement in both the way it looks and the speed with which I execute the process. On Wednesday's page, I took more advantage of the vector tools, it won't be what I'm hoping to achieve, but it's a step in the direction that I want to go. Click the below link to see some of the vector inked pages.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/fred-the-mustard-packet/fred-the-mustard-packet-spins-a-sign-page-14/viewer?title_no=64685&episode_no=47

Also, special thanks to TG Geeks for contributing to and for promoting Tommy's Motion Comics Bonanza. By the way, Fred will be in that event. It's Sunday July 9th at 6:30pm at The Torch Theatre in Phoenix, AZ with $5 for admission. That's right, an event for Phoenix, AZ IN JULY! So, there you go, you hard core Phoenicians, we have a summer event for you and the family. We're not waiting for October for this. By the way, you should check out the TG Geeks site. It's full of great blog posts and podcasts. Click the below link

http://tggeeks.com/blog/

Also, take a look at the GoFundMe page for Tommy's Motion Comics Bonanza!

https://www.gofundme.com/tommys-motion-comics-bonanza

Click the above link to help fund AZ artists and get rewards such as one of my original fonts and a super sweet digital wallpaper of Fred and Friends. That's also just $5!

Finally, out on my Patreon page, I've been rereleasing all of my old Mr. Sock comics.

Thanks to our Patreon supporters: Emuna Endeavor, Dain Q, Gore, Shane Carey, Mike Dynes, and Brandon Dwyer!

Click below to see the Patreon page.

https://www.patreon.com/tommycannon

Thank you for the clicks, reads, shares, promotions, and financial support!

All the best,

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment