Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How to Comics the Haldi Way- Part 3


The journey for a great page 18 continues. I sent in the blue lines from last time. Kyle then sent me his editorial notes. Now, the person that I originally drew as bald has changed greatly. We recently found a source that showed us exactly what this guy looks like. He has hair, facial hair, glasses, and a little more heft. So, overall, since this is an auto-biographical piece, I changed that person's look to match reality better.

In panel one, the note was to change the hand of Scott to be holding the box of candy. On my own, I changed the couch and table a tad to make myself happy and more accurate to the film.

In panel two, the note was to changes Kyle's head to three-quarters and to shrink the framed pictures on the mantle.

In panel three, the note was to stack the people in the background and to make the background itself more clear. I had fun with this one. I checked out some Silver Age Marvel Comics to see how those artists stacked people and stole some of their ideas. I threw in a few more familiar faces, a lot of the film's cast is in this panel now. I raised the wall. I also drew in the door that people walk through to get onto the roof of the building. That doorway is a very familiar sight in the film so it was fun to add it in there.

Now, I just wrote this thing as if people are in the know. If you do not know what this is about, now you'll know. This is me chronicling the journey that we take creating a page for an issue of My Big Break. Philip Haldiman is the writer and it is his comic book auto-biography of his experience in Hollywood filming the cult-classic-so-bad-it's-good-film The Room. If you didn't know already, Phil played Denny.

For these features, I'm setting aside the main Fred the Mustard Packet story to tell the story of page 18 of issue 4 of My Big Break. It makes YOU want to draw a real life story comic book, now doesn't it???!?!??? I hope you will learn something.

http://www.fredthemustardpacket.com/2015/08/how-to-draw-comics-haldi-way-part-1.html

http://www.fredthemustardpacket.com/2015/09/how-to-draw-comics-haldi-way-part-2.html

The above links will send you to the other installments of "How to Draw Comics the Haldi Way".

PS- Boy my Rob Liefeld cartoon from two years back sure shot up in views. Holy Moses on a Pig Farm! My friends on Twitter know about it.

Thanks, and take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment